Friday, June 30, 2006
Congrats...
...to Antonia, featured in a guardian article about female political bloggers.
In other news, I overheard a woman in a room above the street bellow that she "Hadn't had sex for eight months". My mother and I found this suitably amusing, and I vowed to blog it. So there we are.
Who writes it? Antonia Bance, a Labour councillor on Oxford city council and a Labour parliamentary candidate at the 2005 general election. Describes herself as a feminist, democratic socialist and trade unionist.
What does she write about? Bance's blog is entertaining and incisive, covering a broad range of issues, from a rundown of her day-to-day life as a councillor (more interesting than it sounds), women's issues, homophobia and class.She's featured on there among the likes of Melanie 'the mynx' Phillips and the lovely Lynne Fetherstone.
In other news, I overheard a woman in a room above the street bellow that she "Hadn't had sex for eight months". My mother and I found this suitably amusing, and I vowed to blog it. So there we are.